Monday, December 24, 2012

My Thoughts

I am sitting here looking out the front window.  The scene outside is of my two youngest children and my grandson playing in the falling snow.  Watching this heartwarming scene brings so many things to mind about the last couple of weeks.

A lot of emotions have been going through my mind and heart.  You see, I am a mom, a grandma, and I work at an elementary school.  I am not yet a teacher, but God willing I will be within the next year.  I am also a firm believer that we have allowed our schools to become a place for psychos to come and have a killing spree.

I do not believe that teachers should be REQUIRED to be armed, but I believe that if a teacher has a conceal carry permit and is willing to continue with their training, they should be allowed to carry at school.  Can you imagine how many fewer shootings would happen if the gunman wasn't sure if he would be shot soon after arriving instead of having 10-20 minutes to wreak havoc before police arrived?  I can, and I would love for that to become a reality.

I have been in a couple of conversations on Facebook concerning having armed teachers in the schools.  The most common statement I get is that parents don't trust the teachers to be armed.  That surprises me because teachers are entrusted with so much when it comes to their children's lives, that you would think they could be trusted to have the tools needed in order to protect their very lives.

Well, my kids and grandson need my attention, so have a great day everyone and hug your family close.

Country Tea

4 comments:

  1. You are kind and wise and amazing! God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog through my friend Agirlandhergun. I am a certified teacher in Texas. Through the years I have taught many different age groups from babies to adults. I currently teach on a college campus preparing future teachers. Students look to us for leadership. In a crisis situation, they will follow their teacher. Who better than the teacher to provide protection if they have their concealed carry permit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with you completely! God bless you. From an NRA Certified Handgun instructor. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the truth shall set us free.. God Bless and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete