Wednesday, July 2, 2014

First Competition Results--Day 2 of My 31 Day July Challenge

I went to my first competition this past Saturday, June 28th.  It was a long range challenge match with distances ranging from 530 yards up to over 1100 yards.

It was only the second time I had ever shot this particular rifle let alone trying to shoot at these distances, so my only goal was to just hit at least one target.  I am happy to say I surpassed my goal by three! :-)  My longest successful shot was at 859 yards, which was awesome!

I am also proud to say that I did not come in last, but 41st place out of a field of 43 competitors.  I might just have to do more challenges in different areas of shooting!

This from the first section.  These are the "close" targets ranging between 530-600 yards.

No comments:

Post a Comment