Friday, December 9, 2011

Tragedy at VA Tech Again....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/va-tech-police-officer-killed-15114522#.TuK4tmOVrMY

My prayers go out to the families affected by this most recent incident on the campus.  I am always saddened when the actions of a person with some sort of emotional issue affect others.  At times like this we always seem to stop and think about the frailties of the human body, and the levels of evil that people can achieve.

What is even sadder is that there are some that actually blamed the handgun involved in this incident INSTEAD of the man that did the shooting!

The president of Virginia Tech stated that "once again guns have brought violence to our campus." Umm... sorry, but that gun did not walk itself onto the campus and it certainly did not single out the officer to shoot him!

This is just another example of how those in the anti-gun side will use scare tactics and fear mongering to try and get their way.

I have come to the conclusion that I will never again worry about what anyone might think about me carrying concealed.  I will carry and feel secure in the fact that I am doing all I can to protect myself and those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment