Saturday, September 15, 2012

Cornered Cat Training

Wow, it's been a week since Mr. Tea and I got to spend the weekend with AGirl at John's range where The Cornered Cat was teaching a training class.

Originally it was only going to be me at the training, but some spaces opened up at the last minute so my sweetie came along also.  I love training with my sweetie!


First day was covering the basics.  Which is always a great refresher! We did have storms come through, so that meant more time in the training room.  We used this time to go over all types of different types of holsters.  We also were encouraged to bring some that we use for a bit of "show and tell."  That was a very informative time.  I have decided that I want to save up and get one of these.  Smart Carry  These will be great for when I wear skirts that just will not work with a belt.  Talk about concealed carry! LOL

Second day was BEAUTIFUL!  The weather was on the cooler side and the sky with clear.  We spent a lot of time on the range.  I worked on changing my stance to the isosceles stance.  I seemed to get a better grouping standing that way than with my normal Weaver stance.  We also work on shooting from behind cover!  I had never done that before.  That was different, really different.


There is so much more I could write, but the most important thing I can say is that it is SO worth the price and if you are ever able to make it to one of her classes then DO IT!

1 comment: