Monday, January 23, 2012

Blue Ridge Arsenal

Sweetie and I went to Blue Ridge Arsenal yesterday.  It was nice to experience an indoor range, since the only range I had been to was the outdoor one at Clark Brothers.

To say it was a different experience would be an understatement!  It was nice not having to deal with the bad weather of winter in Northern Virginia, but I will admit that I miss the interactions with the others that I get from my outdoor range.  I guess because the outdoor range has cease fires for people to go and change targets and while that is going on you get to chat with the others there.  Since the indoor range has a very nifty little level that brings your target to you, there is really no need for cease fires and thus less opportunities for chatting with your range neighbors.

The fees for non-members at Blue Ridge are $20.00 per lane/per hour and $10.00 for each additional person for that lane. (max of 4 to a lane)  You do not have to purchase your ammo there, nor do you have to buy their targets.  So for $30.00, DH and I shot for an hour.  Not bad overall, but it does limits your time.

All in all I liked Blue Ridge, but I will admit that I am still partial to my "home" range at Clark Brothers.

4 comments:

  1. I'm an outdoor girl, I'll admit it. Only shot at one indoor range and it was dark and loud and not very much fun.

    But I'd do it in a heartbeat if I meant I didn't have to shoot in cold, nasty weather. We have a couple of indoor ranges in my area, but they are pretty cost-prohibitive. A membership to an outdoor range runs less than $100/year. The indoor ranges are upwards $200/year. I understand, business-wise, why indoor ranges are so expensive, but it's just not worth the convenience to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an outdoor range kind of girl too, but for me the cheapest and most convenient place to shoot is at our indoor range just up the street. Perhaps, someday in the not so distant future, I will have land of my own to shoot on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol i love shooting out doors but can't stand clarks bro's - their ammo prices stink and getting in and out of their parking is a nightmare. I'll stick with cove when their range is open lol. Those prices sound similar to the ones at sharpshooters but don't remember for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the notes on Blue Ridge and Clark's. I'm a new shooter in NoVA and am looking forward to trying the different ranges. NRA is 2 minutes down the street, but it'll be good to try every place.

    ReplyDelete