Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Went to the range yesterday.

Yes, got home from work and DH was home and had the bags ready.  So...off we went!

I was shooting a bit low, but still good groupings, so I am not going to complain (too much).  That is a bit of an inside joke with my sweetie, since he says I am too hard on myself with my shooting. :-)

At the end of our time at the range, I got to thinking about the hollow points that I had just put back into my carry gun.  I was wondering if they felt any different when they are shot, compared to FMJ rounds......so, I asked sweetie.  He said "a little, go ahead and shoot what you have and see."  Now, being a bit on the frugal side, I was hesitant to shoot the "pricier" ammo.  He said to go ahead, we need to buy more anyways, so I shot.

OH MY GOODNESS...... he did not tell me that flames basically come out the end of the gun when you shoot that ammo!  It was really cool, with just a little more kick than FMJ ammo.

I think it was a really good thing to see how that ammo shot, so that I am not taken by surprised if I ever have to use it in a real life situation.

3 comments:

  1. Lol. I was taught early on itmisma good idea to shoot your defensive ammo out of your carry gun from time to time. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You can kill 'em and cook 'em", is what my brother used to tell me when I ran my defensive rounds through my guns :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/speer-lawman-clean-fire-ammo.aspx?a=212987

    http://www.tds-us.com/viewitem.php/tds/pd1020111/SPEER_GOLD_DOT_124gr_9mm_P_53617_-_50_ROUNDS

    if you get the 124 grain +p ammo in both of those types you can carry the gold dots for defense and practice w/ the lawman - don't have the info anymore but did a test a couple years ago and both were nearly identical ballistically as well as how they felt to shoot.

    ReplyDelete